Monday 3 November 2014

WALT identify personal challenges in athletics, how they make us feel and how those feelings impact on people around us.

In all of our physical activity, whether it's fitness, athletics, a particular sport or our upcoming camp, we will be thinking about the challenges that we face and how we respond to those challenges. Here we are practicing for athletics and we've written some notes about our thoughts. Maybe you could tell us some of your challenges in physical pursuits, and how you've responded to them?



Liam's challenge in vortex is to get it past the pool tree.
"I am determined to make this happen. I think my determination makes other people
try this too."

Hamish's challenge is to come first every race and to do that he takes his dog for a
run in the afternoon's. "I think this will make other people afraid of me."
Hamish

Phoebes challenge is to get over a meter in high jump.
"I don't think my small legs are going to make it.
I think other people will feel scared of me and my goal."
Phoebe

"My aim in Quoits is to go further. I feel fine about it" Lorenzo


"My challenge in high jump is just to get better.
I don't really have a goal for it. I don't know how this
makes people feel." Henry

"My goal in high jump is to jump 1.05m. I don't think I can do it but I would
like to try." Ollie



"My goal is to make it in Sprints to Wellington Regionals" Josh
"My goal is the same as Josh's" Seth

4 comments:

  1. My 'physical challenge' is to better my time in running a half marathon (21km). I feel a bit worried that I'll put lots of time into training and still not get faster and I've noticed that when I talk about that with my family it makes them feel cross with me for doubting myself. I think I'll make sure I have a positive attitude from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a goal before I can get fit. So after having a baby I have entered into the Women's Triathlons in Masterton. Having a goal helps make the time for myself to get out and do the training I need to do.

    I think doing fitness with others helps me keep motivated and sticking to my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good jump anika. look at me my armeis are way up in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.phoebe(fleabag)

    ReplyDelete
  4. room 3 i think you are very sporty

    from kayla McWilliam

    ReplyDelete