Wednesday 10 December 2014

Writing by Lily Irwin

On a misty day in 1902 the wind blew the smog into my cold hard face. I ran like I was about to be dissolved into the cold hazy wind. 
That was not just me dreaming, it was me realising I was dissolving. I was running so fast that I couldn’t feel the warm squishy feeling, under my feet . 
The sky cleared and it was beautiful. I had a cold hard feeling it was going to turn, and it did within 2 seconds. The sky was thick with clouds. I was miles away from home. It was getting dark and it was starting to drizzle with rain.
I was stranded in the dark with no food, water, light and faith. So I lay down under a big Beech tree. It took me a while to get to sleep. Finally I was out like a light. 
When it reached morning I didn’t know what way to go, I was stuttering to myself what have I done I am lost………  My heart was shivering with shock. It was freezing cold and I was so scared. It felt  like I was blank  because I was starving, shivering and thirsty. I was walking for hours. I was malnourished. I gave up, I was going to die. I lay down on the sand staring at the sun. I closed my eyes.

By Lily Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment