Tuesday 28 July 2015

Modern Learning Environments

We thought you might like a little window into how our modern classroom operates during the day. Research tells us that students are more engaged in their learning when they get to 'drive' it with good support from their teachers and their families.

"When I have my headphones on I have music playing and blocks out the other noise. It helps me to concentrate on my work." Asha

"I like that we can do stories together on the computers (shared google doc). It makes it easier." - Rachel
"I like working together and how plan our day and choose what we do. If I want to finish something I can do it at another time." - Eva
"I can plan my own day and I can choose when to do my reading, writing and maths. I like writing the best." - Ella

Ollie, Phoebe and Winky working on a reading task together.
"I am painting a butterfly to put on the lake on the wall, that we did. We read a story about a frog on the lake and we thought it would be cool to make our own lake." - Ollie

This maths group planned (themselves) to met up at this time and work collaboratively on a task set for them. They are using their computers to record their work and using materials and discussing with each other.
"I just like it that I have someone to work with and that helps me to work it out." - Charlie

4 comments:

  1. I like thos answers to why electronics are helping us with our work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thos answers to why electronics are helping us with our work

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ear phones keep you on task aye

    ReplyDelete