Tuesday 21 April 2015

The hook...

Kia ora koutou!

You may have been wondering what we have been up to over the past few days in Room 3. We've really hit the ground running with our learning, and while we have attempted to update our blog we keep getting waylaid and only half finishing it (we promise we'll get faster at typing over the year). 

So we thought for today we might share a few hooks with you. We've been doing some great writing and here are a few of the best first lines or 'hooks' in some of the stories from yesterday and today. Read them and let us know which lines make you want to read more...have we hooked you in?

All I was doing was walking up to the house and then I tripped.

Today is bad news for a cat like me and my owner Violet.

Pip and her mother and father were playing a game of cards.

In a dark, spooky house there was a zombie who could ride a motorbike.

I slunk along the kitchen bench 'crash', I looked down and saw the cup broken on the ground.

In a dark, spooky house, in a dark, spooky street, there was an evil scientist.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I want to read more !!! What is going to happen ? bad news ..... just playing cards .... broken cups ...

    ReplyDelete